Something about the start of the weekend demands that my food game go from 0 to 100, anyone else feel the same way? No more leftovers or random meals from whatever is left in the fridge, but thoughtfully planned out meals that are extra tasty. For me cooking isn't stressful and it's something I enjoy, so when I have a few extra minutes on the weekend to spend more time on a recipe or try something new, I do!
With that, I am sharing my favorite weekend dessert recipe. I LOVE chocolate and then pair it with peanut butter? I'm. In. Heaven. I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes a while back on Pinterest and cannot (and will not) tell you how many times I've made this. I wish I could also say that this is ONLY a weekend recipe, but it does slip into the week occasionally. They are super easy and are great to make if you are having a few friends over-I've got my parents hooked on these too.
I follow the recipe exactly as listed but I do have a few notes for you that I've learned along the way:
1. I use the Pam baking spray instead of the cocoa powder because I think it's easier and less messy. If I'm out of the spray, I will do the traditional butter and flour trick because these guys WILL stick!!
2. The recipe says to use dariole moulds but I don't have those. I use soup mugs that are oven safe but you could also use traditional ramekins. Just make sure they are close to the size listed in the recipe.
3. The recipe says the bake time is 16 minutes but keep an eye on them. I've found that mine only need to be in the oven for about 14 minutes. You also don't want them to be completely set or else you won't have that molten affect.
4. Are you a gluten/dairy free friend? I've made these using a gluten free flour blend in addition to dairy free Earth Balance butter and they still taste amazing.
5. Pair with vanilla ice cream for extra yumminess.
for the recipe and give it a try this weekend! Let us know how it goes in the comments below!